EHIC, for the necessary care abroad!

The EHIC entitles you to the necessary medical care during a temporary stay abroad. This is an agreement that applies in the European Union. The aim is to facilitate the procedure for the use of medical assistance for insured persons abroad and the billing of support for foreign service providers. Any citizen who has a basic insurance policy and temporarily goes abroad for, for example, vacation or work can receive a free EHIC. Further information about the EHIC can be found at For the Spaniards, the EHIC is also called Tarjeta Sanitario Europea (TSE). This card can be requested with SIP and passport from the Seguridad Social or via the Internet (…/Serviciosen…/Ciudadanos/232.)We hope to have helped you to avoid high medical expenses abroad, have a good trip!